Before you plan to start a blog and dive into the blogosphere, with ultimate aim of blogging day-in and day-out, I would ask you this question:
Do you really want to start a blog? Check out these key points before you start a blog.
Its not really difficult to start a blog and blogging ain’t difficult either. But there is one question
you should ask yourself:
Why do you want to create a blog?
There could be different reasons why people blog but in many cases, people do it just for the sake of online presence. However, this should not always be the case. Blogs are not just the only kind of website you need.
Check out following points to know whether you really need a blog or not:
- Do you love writing? Well if the answer to this question is no, you better think of something other than a blog.
- What is your topic of interest or what do you want to communicate to your audience?
- Do you have time to dedicate to your blog? Your Blog expects good amount of time from you so that you can write regularly.
- Can you work hard? Blogging isn’t that simple these days with so much of crowd in the blogosphere. Apart from publishing articles, you need to focus on other aspects of the blog and SEO is one of the most important aspects.
- Do you think you are disciplined enough?
- Do you have consistency? You would need to regularly update your blog, reply the comments and emails, network with other bloggers etc.
- Do you have technical knowledge? Irrespective of what topic you choose, you will need some technical knowledge to start your blog, to configure it and also for the maintenance of your blog. If you don’t have this knowledge and time to do all this, you can outsource this work and focus on your core business ie blogging!
Think about those points and when you are ready, just dive into the world of blogging! Good luck.